Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Newest Member of Our Family

Obviously yesterday's announcement of my brother's future child trumps all, but we think its pretty big news all the same. It's official: TheHusband and I are getting a dog! A dog is my wedding gift from TheHusband. I didn't have one growing up, and I am very excited! Our dog has been named since I was about 4 years old. Her name is Barkley. As in Barkley, the adorable dog from Sesame Street. She's a golden doodle (ie. 50% Golden Retriever; 50% Poodle). She looks mostly like a GR but doesn't shed like a Poodle, so both TheHusband and I win!

We're getting Barkley from a breeder. She's about 5 weeks old now, and will be able to take her home at the beginning of August. Let me just say, I cannot wait! While its never perfect timing, it sure is darn close! Working from home, Ill be able to train her, and again working from home, I really need the company. Barkley is going to be my buddy for sure! Here's a picture we got 2 weeks ago from the breeder....sooooooooo cute!
-K

6 comments:

Erin said...

YES!!! I saw Barkley and IMMEDIATELY thought Sesame Street!!!

I am so jealous!

-E :)

~M~ said...

AWWWW!!!

Jackie said...

poodle mixes are the best!!! soooooo cute :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

She's ADORABLE!!! Congrats!

Mrs. Preppy Hoosier said...

We have a Labradoodle- she is wonderful! Enjoy your pup!

d.a.r. said...

Soooo cute!