Thursday's at work for me are simply terrible. I'd call them the Terrible Tursday's if i could. Today is no different, though I am a bit sad at the same time. My coworker is retiring tomorrow, and while I am extremely happy for her and her family, its making my other coworker and I reflect. Retiring coworker is actually very sad and has admitted to crying at night for the past 2 weeks. Sounds nuts, right? Maybe not so...
Being a solid 35-40 years from retirement (well less, but that's a but a dream at this point), I daydream of not waking up to an alarm or having to work late b/c of a proposal. I find myself not wanting to be defined by my 9-5, but in reality, is that such a bad thing? It IS a huge part of me. Sure, I complain about the rigid schedule and crazy characters but without it, I think I would flounder. I'm very scheduled and organized, so I can understand retiree's daunting task of: I'm free...now what?! She'll find the answer quickly, but in the meantime, I'm going to miss her!
-K
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment