Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I heart MC

Mother's Day passed while we were on our honeymoon, so I didn't give my mom the "Hi Mom!" she deserves. My friends lovingly refer to her as MC, and thus so shall I in this blog of mine. I won't try to recall all the ways in which she is simply the best mother. However, I would like to share what I consider the biggest compliment.

Every now and again, my parents will come up in conversation with friends that have never met them. TheHusband immediately says "Oh, K is the spitting image of her mom." And I look at him with a quizzical look. "You know what I mean, you're exactly like her. You love having your family around you, you won't sit down until everyone else is happy, and you can be sociable with anyone. " (side note: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention I also have her quirky humor too!) To everyone else: "She's basically a modern June Cleaver." Now that I'm adult, I would love to grow up to be just like her.

MC was a stay at home mom which I believe is the primary reason all 4 of her kids are wildly successful in life and love. While I am a Contracts Negotiator Extraordinaire now, in the near-middle future, our game plan is for me to stay at home too. I worry like everyone else if I'll be a good mom, but then I look at MC and know that if I'm half as good a parent and love my children a fraction of how much she loves us, then I will be a success at that too.

Since moving, I miss MC the most of any people or places back East. Her hugs make everything achievable. Her hilarious pet names and sayings make me smile. And her random I love you's make me think "yeah, today is going to be alright." I love you Mom!

-K

2 comments:

Patti/Nonna said...

Great to tell your MOM and the world what you think of her NOW, and not later. You're are lucky girl and she's a lucky mom.

Anonymous said...

I heart Tootsie the Wootsie and TheHusband past heaven. MC