I was going to have a big announcement myself, which is now totally getting shoved to tomorrow, b/c in comparison, it is nowhere as big. This weekend was chock full o' events: Wimbledon!, Brewfest!, and the biggest of all...BABIES! NOOOOO, not me, but my older brother and his wife.
Let me just say, words cannot explain how ecstatic I am. Seriously, I was jumping up and down yelling in the phone when they called on Sat night. I can't stop thinking about future baby! They already have names picked out, and they are sooo cute!
I know it's mostly b/c this is the first grandchild in our family. I became an aunt to 2 great kids when I married TheHusband, but this is definitely different. My brother is going to be a dad! That's insanity! My other brother's fiance think she's going to be the cool aunt, but she's way off - it's totally going to be me. :)
Secondly, I'm over the moon b/c this is no ordinary brother. When I was living in Philly, he was my older brother, best friend, father figure, drinking buddy, and embarrassed to admit, #1 on speed dial. Without a doubt, he and his beautiful wife, are going to be THE BEST parents. And awesomely cool parents too.
And of course, I will do my part to make sure Future Baby is 100% loved. As Monica Geller said, "I will always have gum."
-K
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
How exciting!
Post a Comment