Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Few Steps Back

Before this crazy day begins (stuff? no stuff? will it be broken? in one piece?), I do want to say that regardless of material possessions, I am incredibly grateful for all the blessings I have. I have the best family...ever. (Sorry everyone else!) Included in this family are my amazing friends Ive meet from my travels in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Colorado, and back again. I'm grateful for my job and my wonderful new house. Most importantly, I am grateful for TheFiance who not only puts up with me when I think the world is crashing, but fills up my gas tank without asking.

Thus far, it seems like this week has lasted a few months. My family members lost 2 important people to them, suddenly and tragically. Lives have been drastically changed forever, and I am absolutely heartbroken for those left behind. Perspective. All I need is a little perspective. I am healthy, I am happy, and I am surrounded, near and far, by people who love me. So when I open a box of broken china, I will try my hardest to remember, I have it all. And receiving all my worldly possessions unscathed? Well, that's just icing on the cake.

-K

No comments: