Monday, January 12, 2009

Dreaded Dept of Motor Vehicles

I have yet to come across a state in this amazing country of ours whose Dept of Motor Vehicle has their act together. Please let me know if you know of any, as TheFiance and I would seriously consider it as our next assignment.
Anyway, I digress. Friday, TheFiance and I spent all day getting Sophie legal in Colorado. We spent a few hours at the DMV, at the local dealership getting a VIN Verification form, and a looooooooooong time in the Courthouse Offices (once we figured out where to go - thanks for the vague instructions C-Dot website!). We FINALLY get our number called and, in their defense, were helped by a very friendly lady with a British accent. She asked why we moved here, and I said, TheFiance is an Officer in the Air Force. That's when she tells us at any Dept of Motor Vehicle location in the state, if you mention that, you get priority and head straight to the head of the line. I think that is an absolutely wonderful gesture of thanks as we should be all so grateful for the sacrifice TheFiance and every other member of the Armed Services makes for us all. However, wouldn't it be better to inform customers of that BEFORE they wait in line all day?! Silly me, that would make sense!

Stay tuned for The Weekend Update and my breakdown with these horrific movers.

-K

No comments: