In the beginning of the year, these were the items I chose to work on as a result of my yearly self examination. Let's see how I did, shall we?
Health
Drink more water - Success. I drink a glass everyday as soon as I get up, followed by anywhere between 1 and 3 more glasses throughout the day.
Walk Barkley more - Success. I've discovered walking Barkley is good for my soul, so its a win-win for both of us!
Professional
Be halfway done with MBA by Dec 21, 2010 - Success! Anticipated graduation date is Aug 31, 2011!!!
Be promoted by May 4, 2010 - I received my promotion in August so I'll call this a delayed Success.
Personal
Absolutely not using my cell phone in any way while driving. (unless it's around Jan 16th and brother calls announcing the birth of Baby) - Success! I only used it twice! Once was when my sister's Father in Law passed away but I pulled over to talk to her. The other was very dumb to tell TheHubs I was on my way home, even though I was only 5 min away. Don't ask me why....
Have wedding album made. (I'm a little behind on this one) - Failure. I did research photogs where we live but wasn't pleased with any of them. Guess we'll be seeing this one again!
Finish scarf - tee hee, I still haven't finished it from 2005. - SUCCESS!!
Always have a book on hand to avoid useless TV/Internet/wasting time "waiting." - Tie. I definitely bring a book whenever I have an expected wait. I need to work on that at home now.
Marriage
Get financially organized. - Success...well partially. We finally have all of our cash inflows and outflows coming out of one joint account. We're not as far along as I'd hoped, but still, I'll take a win.
Celebrate one year anniversary in Chicago. - Success...and a super fun success that was!
Be more understanding of our different personalities/ways of doing things; not everyone is like me and that's a good thing! - Success. Again, always room for improvement, but I think we did fantastically well in our first full calendar year of marriage.
Body, Mind, Soul
Be proud of being Catholic; stand up for it when it's mocked instead of being passive to fit in. - I'd say this was successful. Again, always room for improvement.
Be GRATEFUL! - this one was great last year so I'm keeping it on again. - Success. I am incredibly grateful for the amazing husband, family and friends I am blessed with. I have a fantastic job, a roof over my head that we own, and 2 cars in the garage. I have absolutely nothing to complain about!
So there we have it! Not too shabby if I do say so myself! I've been thinking a lot about what 2011 has in store and hope to have my 2011 Self Examination done soon. In the meantime, I hope you all have a fantastic, happy, and healthy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings us!
-K
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congrats! I didn't accomplish one single thing on my list last year. This year I posted it on my blog to hold myself accountable though.
Cheers to a grand 2011!
I'd call that a fabulous success!! Here's to a Happy 2011!
Post a Comment