Thursday, August 12, 2010

Breaking News

This is me:

Why?

I FINALLY GOT MY PROMOTION!!!!  I've blogged a few times about how I've been feeling really frustrated and unappreciated for all my hard work, travel, and unpaid overtime.  Basically, taking over a job 2 levels higher than what I currently am, left me feeling unloved by TheLargeCompany.  My boss pushed for it last year at this time and got denied by HR.  In June, boss lady said maybe January.  Sighhh.  You can imagine my complete shock when she asked me to drop out of an important conference call to tell me effective Saturday, I'm a step closer to taking over the company.  Just kidding. :)


I was speechless.  Without speech.  When have I ever been? ;)  I am over the moon thrilled!  I feel like all my hard work at both TheLargeCompany and my MBA is paying off.  Just last week, for the first time ever, I confided in TheHusband that I hated my job.  This is huge because this is also the first job that I actually loved at one point.  It made me sad to think the realization of hating my job was finally the last straw to finding something else.

That is all in the past now my friends!  Besides the money that accompanies the promo, I feel valued and appreciated.  As I get older and am financially stable, it's the recognition that matters more.  My boss has been a huge supporter of mine, and I cannot thank her enough for putting up the good fight even when the answer was no.  She kept saying how much I deserved it.  And you know what?  I do!  So GO ME! :)

After celebrating with TheHusband tonight, I'll be back at work refreshed and re-energized (the way I always was) to kick some negotiating butt.  Like the sign I tap everyday before heading into my office says "Negotiate Like a Champion Today."  Thanks Fighting Irish; I may just do that.

-K

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Great news!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That's fantastic!! You do deserve it- congratulations!!