Monday, October 4, 2010

5.5 Years Later...

I finished my scarf!  My first crocheted scarf ever.  The one that I started in March of 2005 when I lived in Colorado Springs (read:  what seems like a lifetime ago.)  If you recall, finishing it was one of my 2010 goals.

Without further adieu, here it is:




It's a hot mess and I love it.  Seriously, its a hot mess.  Since this was 1st attempt at crocheting, I added and lost rows all over the place.  But I kept on going, and I finished!  I kind of like that its not perfect; its like me :)  Plus, I do have to say, its the softest, coziest scarf I've ever had it around my neck.  I can't wait for scarf wearing weather!

In other news, I was super productive this weekend.  I finally got my head above water with school; got caught up on housework; and switched out my summer clothes for winter.  My to-do list is getting smaller by the day.  That's my most favorite feeling - crossing things off a list! 

I'm going to start on my next scarf (following some lessons learned) this week during our Road Trip to visit TheHubs parents.  Should be interesting seeing as it's the longest road trip I've been on (12 hours.)  Throw in the dog and hilarity is bound to follow us!

-K

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

Congratulations.
Looks very nice.
I am a knitter and I usually have a few different projects going at one time.
If I get bored with a particular project it will take me some time before I get back to it.