Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The holidays that were...

My trip back East was beyond fantastic!  I was able to see friends and family even though the snow hampered some of my friend plans :(  It was go-go-go to parties, dinners, gatherings, all with friendly faces and big ginormous hugs (the best!)  TheNephew's giggles make me swoon.  Seriously, there's not much that can beat hugs from little ones.  Oh yeah, and my sister's gingerbread cookies...sigh :)



Unfortunately, once I left it kind of all went downhill from there.  Un-namedAirline (hint hint) lost my luggage; we got a snowstorm; and I only got to see TheHubs for a half day before he got dragged back to work.  NYE was more or less the worst I've ever had. (queue drama queen!)  TheHubs got stuck on alert so he was gone for more hours than I can count (translate 4 days.)  Therefore, I spent NYE alone.  The only bright spot was Skyping with my family so I got to ring in the New Year at 10pm.  By 11:30 I was in bed just waiting for the ball to drop at my midnight.  I'm going to be positive and call it an awful way to end 2010, rather than a stinky way to bring in 2011.

So here we are.  We took down the decorations and everything is back to normal.  I'm already back to hectic-ness of school and work, and TheHubs is back to his crazy schedule and school.  My hope is that his schedule changes and becomes more of a 9-5; and that we can continue to grow.  I have a big 2011 ahead of me.  I just hope that while I'm rushing to finish my goals I take the time to take it all in b/c I'm sure just as one door closes, a new one will surely open!

-K

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I'm so sorry you had a stinky NYE. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday otherwise though- hold on to those fun memories! Cheers to a fabulous year...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your New Year's Eve. Here's hoping the rest of the year is much better!