Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm just a Llirb on Capital Hill

I'm heading to Washington, D.C. for work tomorrow so there won't be much blogging this week. I'm excited to not only interact with humans, but humans that can definitely boost my career. I had to dust off all my good work clothes and heels since I haven't worn them since Jan. I'm anxious and nervous, but excited to be meeting different people and catching up with a few old friends. On a personal note, I'm amped to visit with my younger brother and his fiance who live right in the heart of the city. They're planning on moving in the fall, so this will probably be my last work trip in which Ill enjoy my evenings.

On a different note, I just completed my application to finish my nagging MBA here at State U. It's a huge burden off my shoulders, and while I have zero interest in finishing my MBA, I know I need to bite the bullet and DO EET (as my gal Julie would say). I'm a bit concerned with getting in though; with this economy, everyone and their brother is going back for an MBA, whereas I really don't want to, but work and promotions are pounding on me to get it done. All applications are reviewed on May 2, so I'm hoping for some good news in my mailbox when I get back from our honeymoon! Ill keep you posted!

-K

2 comments:

Her Preppiness said...

Good luck on the trip and have fun!!

What Kate Wore said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip and also get to relax a little bit and have some fun!!
tp