Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blizzard of 2009

It wouldn't be Colorado without a completely inappropriately timed blizzard. It's March 26th! It was 78 degrees 4 days ago!! Why is there 12-24 inches of snow falling with 30 mph winds?! I'm so frustrated and mad. TheFiance left this AM for an overnight so he won't be back until tomorrow, but probably more like Saturday with the snow falling at this pace. This means I get to shovel it all by myself. In addition to us buying him an automatic car, I also am mandating we buy us a snow blower. We live on a corner lot, so that means the shoveling is double. It's also a heavily traveled area b/c we live down the street from a school, so I really need to stay on top of it.

Luckily working from home pays off in times like these. My poor Julie is headed off to her best friend's wedding this weekend in Memphis and her flight got cancelled. What a nightmare!

Snow, snow go away! Don't come back another day!

-K

2 comments:

BRD said...

My parents have a house in Breck and once got snow in early September! Yikes!

Katiellirb said...

Sept?! I'd be on the next plane to Flordia! :) How's DC? You mentioned looking to get out. Any updates?