Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Back

TheFiance is on an overnight so it's a perfect opportunity to catch up on my blogging. I actually missed it! Let's see....D.C. was WONDERFUL! I learned a TON, and am grateful for the opportunity to go. I also got to see my brother and his fiance twice, which is worth the trip in itself. I learned that I have zero desire to ever live in the D.C. area again. I went to school in Baltimore and interned in D.C. but don't think I could handle it again. The traffic is just too much for me!

I landed back in good old Denver on Fri night and immediately met up with my fantastic cousin and her roomie who came to Denver on Spring Break to do service work (gents: not only is she adorable and hilarious, but also gives back to the community. Why aren't you snatching her up?!) We realized the next time we see each will be THE WEDDING! Can you believe there's only 6 weeks left?!

The replies (and gifts!) are pouring in. A lot of people told us in advance they won't be able to attend, and I TOTALLY understand, but I can't help to get sad when I open the replies and the decline box is checked. I think I secretly hope their plans or financial situation has changed. Did anyone else get like that? On the other hand, I actually squeal with excitement when I get unexpected "yes's". This wedding has really shown me how kind and generous people are, but also how far people are willing to go to be there on my big day. One of TheFiance's friends is flying in from Japan for it! We are truly honored!

Speaking of, TheFiance just called and said he's on his way home early so I need to scidaddle! Hooray for no one being around on Sundays! I haven't really seen him since last week, so I can't wait to spend time with him. Talk to you all later!

-K

1 comment:

BRD said...

You are totally on point about living in DC - traffic is a nightmare! I am trying to get out!