Thursday, March 19, 2009

Denver Shower!

In the last weeks of planning, I have been the awful bride and completely did not post about the most wonderful shower my BM Julie threw for me in Denver. It was held at her house, and she did ALL the decorating, cooking, cleaning, etc! Holy Super Bridesmaid Batman!



She used the colors orange and bright pink and did a FABULOUS job on everything! I absolutely loved it! Due to the distance, a lot of my Denver friends will not be attending the wedding, so it was wonderful to celebrate with them.


My future MIL sent this GORGOUS Quilt that she handmade for TheFiance and I. It came with the most touching note she wrote to me. Yes, that means we now have 3 handmade quilts from our moms (and sister) and TheFiance has 2 from his grandmother. We are incredibly blessed and we do realize how incredibly lucky we are to have thier heirlooms.


And to top it off, my sister, AKA, Best Matron of Honor on the Planet, flew out from PA to attend! YAY! She was our first visitor to CO and I absolutely loved spending quality time with my "seester." In addition to all the wedding stuff she helped out with, we headed to Boulder one day and checked out the Celestial Seasonings factory. Here we are in front and me with a dress someone made out of Tea Packets! Watch out Project Runway!


It was such a great weekend. I had a blast and again was showered again with so much love and affection. Our weddings have definitely brought my sister and I closer together than we ever have been. And so as stressful as it all can get, Im grateful for all of it and would do it again in a heartbeat, if only to spend time with her.

-K

1 comment:

What Kate Wore said...

Cute, cute pictures, especially the Celestial Seasonings dress! All the years I lived in Denver and never went to the factory.

Your shower looks like it was just fabulous!

tp