Monday, March 16, 2009

Bikes with Bells

TheFiance and I have been wanting to buy bikes now that we live in the land of Bikes as a Means of Transportation-ville. Seriously folks, every single road has 2 dedicated bike lanes. They're not kidding around with this stuff. Anyway, we stumbled upon a killer sale where they were basically giving away their 2008 models. Since the last bike I owned was a purple Huffy, model year isn't quite up on our priority list. 2 hours later, we both bought bikes for the price we were planning on spending on just TheFiance's. SCORE!

He got a fancy road bike, and I got one of those new hybrid models. I found a picture of my exact model - a Specialized Globe Sport and they're calling the color "bone".

I could bore you with the specs or I can get to the heart of my story. The best thing about my new set of wheels? It has a bell!! Of course, its meant for serious commuters to alert people of their passing, but in my case, I just like ringing it. It reminds me of my red banana bike with flowered basket and of course, bell. Tonight was my first ride. We have a great trail in our backyard so I can do the 5 miles without carving out serious workout time. Yeah, my bike with a bell and I are going to get along real well.

-K

1 comment:

Patti/Nonna said...

That is an awesome BIKE with a bell! G&I are going to get bikes someday. Yours looks just like what I'm looking for. Good luck with it and happy travels.