Yesterday, Erin had an Eeyore Day, and now its my turn. I'm thinking it's highly contagious if I can catch it all the way from DE!!
Anyway, I'm really concerned about my little brother (see previous post.) I don't like when my family members are on shaky ground, for whatever reason. Maybe it's my third child syndrome, but I get mad that I can't do anything to fix their problems. Oh well, its out of mine and into God's hands now.
I'm also extremely sad, disappointed, upset, etc. about the lack of people attending our wedding. I'm talking like less than 50%. That's pitiful and embarrassing. When we first got the ton of rejections I was upset, then I put on my positive hat and said - ok, smaller wedding will be fun. Then my dad called today. His response of 'what? no! that few?' was not helping. Of course he didn't mean to upset me (he's the best poppa on the planet), but as soon as I hung up, I just started tearing up. I'm so grateful TheFiance was in my office with me. But when I look at him through my tears and ask "Why isn't anyone coming?", his reply of "I don't know" doesn't seem to help.
To be honest, I regret not getting married back in the Fall of '08 like TheFiance and I wanted to originally. I had all these naive reasons not to: not enough time to plan, too close to my sister's wedding to ask people to come to. Now, I just see all the time and energy and money Ive put into this wedding as a huge waste. I think the same amount if not more would have come in the fall as now. I need to seriously re-evaluate all these small details that I'm working on now. And it also really makes me evaluate who my true friends are. I know, in a logical world, I understand it's about TheFiance and I, its the economy, they'd be there if they could, etc. but I'm just venting how I honestly feel right now at this moment.
Sorry for the gloom, but again, it's my Eeyore Day and such is life. I do appreciate everyone who actually is showing up for my wedding. I promise, it'll be a great time and you won't regret your decision!
-K
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'll come if you need some B-list people! *Smile*
-E
PS - go get some wine and a hot tub - it'll clear that Eeyore Day right up!
I'm sorry that you're feeling this way about your wedding. For my wedding, there was a death on my mother side of the family and only a cousin showed up. It really comes down to the person you are marrying and not the wedding; focus on the joy of marrying the person you love.
I got really upset when some of my best friends said they couldn't come to our wedding. I think it is a blow no matter who it is because you take a lot of time and effort to make a guest list and only invite the "important" people. In the end, I didn't even realize those people weren't there and had an amazing time with the ones who did make the trip. Hopefully you will feel the same way too!
And in all honesty, what is MOST important is that your fiance be there with you. Don't forget that :)
Post a Comment