Monday, March 8, 2010

Long Distance Relationships

Ok, so Bestie G said it perfectly (sorry if I overuse this expression, I just love it so!) "You're in a long distance relationship with the East Coast."  Bingo!  She said I'm successful b/c I maintain communication and visit often :)

I had a wonderfully fantastic trip where I got to spend tons and tons of time with the cutest baby on the planet (I'm taking some blogging liberties of course); my family, and my 2 best friends.  Not too shabby!

First up was TheNephew's Baptism - please welcome our family's newest Catholic:


I loved spending tons of time with my brother and SIL, and of course, TheNephew.  I read to him everyday and did Tummy Time.  If I take a deep breath, I can still smell that lovely baby smell. 



I also got to meet G, K, and I for dinners.  I'd post a pic, but I look awful.  I'm making a strange face b/c there was a stink bug flying over my head.  I do not miss stink bugs.

My parents came down for the weekend, and MC, SIL, and I hit up the Philadelphia Flower Show.  It was amazing.  Tulips make me happy.



And of course, the shopping.  The shopping!  Living here in non-fashion land where it's acceptable to wear a North Face fleece and jeans for a nice dinner, I was sooo happy to revamp the ole' wardrobe.  I stocked up on some trendy pieces at H&M; snagged a fantastic Kate Spade purse; and did some damage at the Banana and Gap outlets.  Ahhhh, it felt so nice to be back amongst the fashionable people.

Now I'm back.  While I was gone, Barkley ate TheHusband's new glasses.  At least the snow melted.  And to answer to question I got a lot, as cute as he is, being around TheNephew did not make me want to jump on the baby train.  I think we'll linger back at double income/free time station a little longer.

Have a great week!
-K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great trip. I'm constantly overusing my favorite expressions too!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pics, Katie! What a nice family! The flower show looked like it was beautiful! It looks like you had a fun trip back home!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love their matching shirts. So cute!