Ill be honest. I havent been on a regular gym schedule since before the wedding. Folks, we're closing in on our one year anniversary. Not good. Between my recent work stress and school stress, I made a decision to get back into it after my Philly trip. My goal is more stress release, but also for this one pair of jeans to be less snug by Easter. No lbs; No scales. I just want to feel good in my jeans again. Philly trip is over...drats.
Here comes the problem. I HATE my gym; I mean, despise with a passion. We signed up for BigBoxGym when we moved and got locked into a 3 year contract. We're not going anywhere for 4 years and at the time, I was going to the gym at least 3 times a week. It just made sense. Well, its a membership machine. More people are coming, and they're not adding more machines. I would go after work and wait 30 min for a cardio machine. That's my biggest issue. If I actually make the effort, I want to get it over with.
Then I started rearranging my work schedule just to get a machine, but I dont think my boss liked me disappearing at 2pm. So then, I ended up giving up.
TheHusband fully supports me on my new endevour and last night we decided to get up at 5:30am. Alarm goes off and I roll over. I am not going. Yeah, tell that to TheHubs as he turns on the light. Drats again.
Its pitch black outside and we roll into the parking lot...it's PACKED! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Luckily, I was able to snag one of the last elipticals, but TheHusband had to wait, yet again, for a tredmill. Honestly, I hate this place. After I finished cardio, I was packed like a sardine into the stretch/abs area. It's just soo frustrating! Does any one else have this problem with their gym?
Regardless, I awoke, I elipticalled, I conquered! So far so good but it's only 7:45. Ive got a whole work day, volunteering, and more homework ahead. I'm curious to see how cranky I am tomorrow. :)
-K
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I haven't gone to the gym in FOREVER. I totally remember this problem! We had to sign up in 20 minute intervals to use the machines and you better believe that people would just wander up and take your machine or just stay on theirs longer than they were suppose to. I finally just got a treadmill for home and now just go on that and do yoga.
old gym was the exact same way! I switched to a much bigger gym and still love it - I rarely have to wait for cardio machines and I don't dread going. When I was switching I wanted one with a good class schedule that was included in the membership fee because I was so sick of paying a la cart for every class, especially if it was something I didn't know if I would like. Good luck with your gym!
Hey girly! Oh I feel your pain, trust me. I hate when I actually do get to the gym that you have to wait to get on equipment. I usually just do free weights while I wait but it is so annoying! I like your way of dieting (no lbs/scales) and agree it's all about how you feel and how your clothes fit. Good luck, I'm right here with you! XOXO
PS - NO LIE - "Into the Mystic" was just on my Pandora station like 3 minutes ago. HEE HEE!!
Good for you for getting back to the gym again, Katie! I hate getting to the gym and there's not an empty cardio machine in sight. I find that if I show up anytime after 5:45AM, there are no machines left. I find myself panicking on the drive up there when it starts getting late. I know how you feel. Good luck!
Post a Comment