Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Queue the screaming and cursing.

Usually my sweetheart Barkley wakes me up before the big hand hits the 7.  However, this morning, I woke up to the sound of a jackhammer.  Our next door neighbors are doing a massive redo INSIDE their house so my first thought was - are you kidding me?!  Its 7:03 on a Saturday?!  What are you jackhammering inside your kitchen?!  Then, not one minute later....jackhammer again.  (Oh, and when I say jackhammer, I mean, get out your earplugs b/c it sounds like a burly guy in a bright organge vest is going to town in your living room.)

No, it couldn't be.  It just CAN'T BE!  Oh yes, jackhammering #3 was that little jerk's (jerk is the PG version of what actually flew out of my mouth - sorry MC!) way of saying "I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!"

Some of you might remember our run in with Woody last year.  After 2, count 'em 2 months, he finally met a mate and flew back south to live happily ever after.  Or so we thought.  Oh, that little JERK!  I CANNOT go through another year of loud, obnoxious, stop what you're doing, drilling against our chimney cap.  I just can't.  In fact, mark my words.  That bird will not return next year.

What a bugger!  1) How did he remember our chimney cap out of all the chimney caps in the western United States?!  2) It's FEBRUARY!  We got an inch of snow last night.  It is not Spring yet you dumb bird!  3) How ugly are you, Woody?  It takes you 2 months to get a girl?!.  Now, Im no expert on mating, but if it took anyone 2 months of protestuting themselves, well, that's just pretty sad.

My only saving grace, and hopefully it works, is that Miss Barkley is NOT pleased with the situation either.  After I shooed it away once this AM, it came back.  After the second time, I released the hounds.  I did see it fly to another  house so maaaaaaybe, Barkley will scare it away?

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  But its 7:30 AM (and I've already woken up poor MC) and I needed to vent.

Any suggestions on how to get it away from our chimney cap? Im thiiiiiiiis close to calling some wildllife group.

Hope your Sat AM is off to a better start!
-K

No comments: