Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughts on Corned Beef

It should be left to the professional eaters.

TheHusband and I were not fans.  The taste was ok, a bit rich for us.  You couldn't eat more than a few pieces.  The meat was very fatty overall.  I think it's probably best sliced super thin, like on a sandwhich.

We did enjoy our mashed potatoes and asparagus.  The soda bread was a hit!  I wish it was around all year.

Next year, I think we'll stick to who WE are (50% Irish; 50% other stuff) and therefore the meal will be 50% edible meat :)

-K

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I am sorry that your experience with corned beef wasn't that great.
I love corned beef. It really depends upon the cut of the meat and how thick or thin it is cut. I have had some bad experiences with it also.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I've tried to make corned beef before and it's hard to get right. It definitely didn't come out the way that my MIL made it. It's something I won't try to make again either!