Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Status Report - Post MBA Projects

In August when I finished my MBA, I had a list of projects to be accomplished.  Let's check in on my progress, shall we?

  • Work on our wall of places we lived - Seeing as our house will most likely be on the market in the spring/early summer, I'm putting this one on hold.
  • Fix our leather couch - Done!  What could have cost about $240 by a professional only cost us $37.20 in parts and consultation.  Go us and our DIY skills!
  • Interview dog sitters - Wasn't jazzed by the one we thought so we're sticking with our regular boarding place.  Again, moving soon, so not worth the effort
  • Apply for our passports for London 2012 - Done!  My new passport with married name is already here.  TheHubs is still in process.
  • Pursue things I actually enjoy such as photography and crocheting - Considering TheHubs bought me this beauty and I'm taking pictures like no other, I say photography is coming along well.  I'm waiting for the local community college to post their Spring 2012 catalog so I can take a class. 
As for crocheting, I finished this scarf for Bestie G's birthday back in October.  But since she just opened it last week, I couldn't post any pictures until now.  It's only my 2nd scarf and took a year, but considering the first one took oh, 5.5 years, I'd say tremendous progress.  Here's pics of TheHubs modeling it for us all:








Overall, I'd say my post MBA Projects are a huge success.  Now I can start tackling the holiday season projects, including my family's annual calendar, writing and sticking to my Christmas list, holiday baking, and finally sending out Christmas cards.  I'll be taking the picture myself, so its almost like a double project!

-K

No comments: