Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Muppets Are Everything Right In This World

TheHubs and I made a last minute decision to go see The Muppets last night.  I should disclose that I was pretty much raised on the Muppets and Sesame Street, so take that as you will.

google.com

My summary:  The Muppets are everything that's right in this world.

I've heard from interviews that Jason Segel wanted to make this movie b/c he realized younger people didn't even know who the Muppets are.  And to that I say, Kudos, Jason!

Kids should know who the Muppets are.  They are kind, caring, funny, thoughtful, crazy, fun, never vengeful, easygoing, and would move mountains for those they love.  Aren't these the kinds of values we should be teaching the next generation?

A big piece of the movie is the question:  "Are the Muppets relevant?"  Here's to hoping this movie makes them so.  Because if we let the  Muppets fade into history, we're doing a huge disservice for generations to come.  And if you don't believe me, check out the laundry list of current celebs who make an appearance in the movie.

Take your kids or take your husband alone as a date.  I haven't had this much fun at a movie in years.  They bring back all the great parts of the original Muppet Show and add some updated references.  I was bopping in my chair and if I wasn't in public, I'd be singing my heart out.  Afterwards TheHubs put it best, "Rainbow Connection still gets me every time."  My point:  the Muppets are timeless.

So if you do one thing for civilization, go see this movie!  If nothing else, it'll make you smile. :)
-K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister! I went on Sunday with my Dad and we both loved it! I love how the movie fit kids and adults. I agree with you about the values the Muppets teach. Bring back the good stuff!