Last weekend, we headed to DC for the long awaited Marine Corps Marathon. My brother and SIL live in a fabulous neighborhood of "The District" so they were our fabulous tour guides for our visit.
Neither one of us had ever been to the Air and Space Museum near Dulles, so that was definitely a treat, especially for Lt. TheHubs.
Can we say kid in a candy shop? We brought our awesome new SLR camera and took some fantastic shots that I won't bore you with. But can I note what a difference the camera makes in our photographs? Can't believe I lived without it for this long!
Since SIL works "on the Hill" (don't you love my lingo?) she was able to take us on our own tour of the Capital. As a architecture fanatic, I was IN LOVE! Not to mention all the history - simply amazing! Now it was my turn to be the photo geek, but I thought this was a cute one with TheHubs sneaking in our shot.
The weather was awful all day Saturday, but the skies cleared on Sunday just in time for the 36th Marine Corps Marathon! WOO!! TheHubs pulled off an AMAZING run! Words cannot describe how I proud I am of accomplishing this goal.
Here he is after shedding one of his layers around Mile 15.
And here we are at the Family Area after the Finish Line. Again, sooooo proud of him! I am in total awe of him. How people can tune their bodies to that degree is beyond me. Mad props to all who completed it! And, if I do say so myself, our cheering section was awesome. In fact, someone IN the race actually yelled out for us - yeah baby!
Of course TheHubs took a long nap on Sunday afternoon, which was the perfect time to visit one of my besties...
I love Mei Xiang!
Overall, a fabulous weekend! Congratulations to TheHubs! Your dedication and commitment finally paid off. I've never been more impressed or prouder. A special thanks to my brother and sister in law for an fantastic trip! You really should look into opening a tour business!
Have a great weekend!
-K
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment