Monday, November 7, 2011

Movie Reviews

We had a pleasantly uneventful weekend after a month of visitors and traveling.  Bliss!  We did get a chance to catch a few flicks - one in the theaters, and the other through our trusty $1 rental.


Tower Heist:  From IMDB "When a group of hard working guys find out they've fallen victim to a wealthy business man's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence."
My review:  Super funny!  There may or may not have been one point in which I snort laughed.  Usually I think Ben Stiller is quite the over actor, but I think he toned it down a lot in this movie.  It was also nice to see Matthew Broderick in a popular movie. Overall, I would totally recommend it.


The Social Network:  I know - this movie is like a year old, but at the time, there was no way I would pay the $9.75 to see a movie about Facebook.  Last night we rented it from the $1 box at our grocery store.  More my speed. 
My review:  Not bad actually!  If you believe that the movie is pretty accurate (producer Aaron Sorkin), then its kinda hard for me to keep my Facebook account.  But let's be honest - getting rid of it isn't going to happen.  However, I do sorta see both sides from a business perspective:  Saverin should have reviewed the contracts.  From a normal person's perspective, he betrayed his best friend.  As for the Winklevoss twins, they had it coming, although TheHubs said in real life they settled for about $65M.  So not too shabby.  Overall, a really interesting story, especially given that its based on something we all use daily!  What are your thoughts on this one?

Hope you're having a great week!
-K

No comments: