Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Verbal Agreement

This time of year seems to fly by on double fast forward, doesn't it?

Our trip home was fantastic!  TheNephew is growing like a weed and absorbing everything around him.  He remembers and repeats absolutely everything, including my sister-in-law's pet name of "Hey, Babe" to my brother.  Of course, my brother corrects TheNephew when he in turn calls my brother (his father) "Hey Babe" instead of "Daddy".  But as the far removed aunt, I can laugh at it because that's the beauty of not having kids.  We swoop in for a fun visit of building forts, playing with trains, and feeding him pretzels like they're going out of style.  And then exit stage left.

TheHubs and I also entered into a verbal agreement that I'm documenting here for you all to be witness to.  On Saturday night, TheHubs said that once our military adventure is over, I get to choose our forever home.  Jackpot!  TheHubs always has been 100% on board with moving back to the East Coast but I now have carte blanche in picking where we'll grow old together.  He says its because he got us into "this mess" and its only fair, but I know its because he loves my family as much as I do.  And secretly, that's all I could ever ask for.

Here's the yearly family picture since TheHubs won't make it back for Christmas, and sans Napping Nephew who is to be limited in blog pictures.



In other news, I'm reading "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb.  In typical Oprah Book Club style, this is one of the most depressing books I've read in a while.  I have yet to come across an Oprah book choice that is remotely positive.  I won't spoil it for any of you who may still read it, but the NY Times review calling it "hilarious" is so far off the mark.  I keep flipping to the back reviews and wonder if I'm reading the same book.  Spousal abuse, rape, rapid weight gain, parental death, mental illness.  Oh yeah, totally hilarious...  I think I'll be passing on any more attempts at Oprah books for the time being.

Hope all your Thanksgiving's were as wonderful as mine!
-K

No comments: