Monday, May 2, 2011

Recap: All-nighters and stay-cations

So my Royal Wedding all nighter was a huge success!  Will I do it again?  Probably not.  Admittedly, I watched it more for Kate, plus they will be King/Queen someday – wow!  But that was the best part: All the pieces collided (working from home/light work load, Spring Break, no kids) that I could pull it off.  It was totally worth every single minute of lost sleep and subsequent crankiness on Friday night.  Getting up at 1am, I thought I'd be pretty bored, but the time FLEW by!  Before I knew it, the beautiful bride was heading down the aisle!  A friend from Philadelphia and my aunt in Vegas were on FB so I had them as company, plus all my live feeds from BBC America were more than enough to keep me entertained.  I loved every minute of it. It was absolutely perfect and the bride was beyond stunning. Also, how beautiful was her sister, Pippa?!

While watching more recaps Friday night with TheHubs and noticing how respectful and polite the crowds were, TheHubs said “Ok, I’m in. If you want to move to London, I’m on board.”  Interesting!  If you recall, over the summer, we toyed around with an assignment in England, but we decided not to because of how family and friends would react.  I have been in a London state of mind for about a year now (which only TheHubs knew about until now).  It’s in my blood. I  really think I was British in a past life.  We’re on track for our huge Master’s graduation trip to London next Spring, so hopefully that will get it out of my system!

The rest of the weekend turned into a fabulous “stay-cation” for Barkley and I!  We visited one of my best friends and bridesmaid in Denver, her husband, and their 2 dogs.  Julie and I went to high tea with 2 other friends here.  It was so fun!  One of my friends wore a hat, and she wasn’t alone!  A lot of other ladies got into the high tea spirit too!  Unfortunately, after a bit of an incident with Julie’s new car, we didn’t get to do much more, so I decided to stay over.  It was so fun!  Haven’t had a sleepover in forever!  Plus, Barkley was incredibly well behaved and having a blast with her friends.

I definitely took advantage of my break from school with a great mix of relaxing and quality time with friends. I can’t believe I only have 16 weeks until I graduate.  The countdown is ON!

-K

No comments: