Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surprise! 30 isn't so bad afterall!

Wow - What a whirlwind couple of weeks in this house!  (More on that in a later post)

The weekend after my birthday, we flew to Vegas to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 30th Anniversary.  It was a really nice getaway, and yes, there may have been a mini-birthday celebration for me too!

Then this past Saturday, TheHubs totally surprised me with a 30th birthday party with all my Colorado friends at my favorite restaurant!  When the manager took us to our "table" he guided me into their party room and asked "Do you know these people?" at the same time all my friends yelled "Surprise!" 


It was THE BEST birthday EVER!  Not sure what I loved more:  1)TheHubs planned the party for me or 2) that all of my friends care enough to drive an hour just to celebrate with me.  Our new friends we met here also came too and got along swimmingly with my old friends.  I was overwhelmed with everyone's out pouring of love!  Sometimes I have those down days where living so far from family and friends pretty much stinks, but then there's times like this, where distance has no place in my relationships.  Again, I am one lucky girl.

So while I was completely dreading 30, thus far its been absolutely fantastic!  If this is what 30 is like, bring it on! :)
-K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome that your friends were able to make the trip! Hope you had a great time in Vegas!

Ashley said...

Good to know that 30 isn't so bad after all! (: Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I have never had a surprise party... how sweet of your husband! I bet he scored extra points for that.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

So glad that you had a great birthday!! :) You look so happy & surprised in that picture!

Jackie said...

Aww, that's so sweet of him! Glad you enjoyed the surprise :)