Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If You Feel like Crying Today...

While I was eating my typical bowl of Grape Nuts and OJ this morning, I watched this touching story on the Today Show.  It's the story of Sgt. Bill Cahir, who was killed in Afghanistan after he left his desk job in Washington, D.C., to fight the war on terror.

The part that really spoke to me is the commentary at the end by Ann Curry.  Sgt. Cahir's wife says "In whatever way we can, we don't have to join the service, but we need to step up for our nation and be of service." 

I hope more people watch stories like this and realize who the true heroes in America are, as it's certainly not the celebrities and politicians that we idolize so much (myself included.) 

Personally, I feel guilty for having the dumbest fight with TheHusband before he left for Base today.  What was more important: that Barkley went out and did her thing or that he and I spent 5 min together?  If you're reading this, I'm sorry TheHusband.  What I should have said this morning is:  "Good luck on your test.  You're going to do so well!  I love you lots times infiniti!"

-K

1 comment:

BRD said...

I saw this too and totally cried while putting on my makeup. Such an inspirational story - we should all be such good citizens!

--DC Prep