Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Update

Lots to fill you in so we might as well get started.

Before I forget, the weekend got kicked off on the right note, by me buying a plane ticket to beloved East Coast so I can spend Labor Day with my family in Ocean City, NJ! WOO HOO! With Barkley being sick, and my previous school plans being completely inflexible, I thought this year it was a no go. However, I have the best husband on the planet who recognizes my love of the beach and family + living in a mountain state spontaneously combusts into this being one of my favorite vacations. Surprisingly plane tickets were reasonable given a holiday weekend and only one week away, so TheHusband said get going lady! He can't take leave, so he'll be home taking care of Barkley. Of course I'm sad and disappointed he can't come, but actions like this make me love him more and more. Plus, next year since there are no more weddings, we will actually go for an entire week!

I had a FANTASTIC weekend. One of those fun filled, people filled weekends that is hard to top. We took Barkley on her first road trip to see our friends' new house in the suburbs of Denver. Their dogs are ginormous and Barkley wasn't pleased. She needs to be socialized, but next time I think we'll start slowly with dogs more her speed. :) Saturday night my favorite friends who happen to be siblings spent the night with us. I love my time with the Dee siblings! After they left, my best friend Julie came up to finally meet Barkley. Julie is my shopping buddy from way back, so of course we hit up the stores.

Eddie Bauer has all their Under Armour-esque items for men and women on sale, so I picked up this for me in pink, and a shirt for TheHubs for only $6 each!

I also got this wristlet at the Coach outlet for only $30! Such a great deal that I will definitely use as I'm strolling the Boardwalk this weekend! YAY!

T-4 days,
-K

No comments: