As Sen. Ted Kennedy's passing marks the end of an era, I reflect on the Kennedy family. Political views and indiscretions aside, the Kennedy's exuded "family". It's as if it came out of their pores and they breathed in a mixture of family and air on a daily basis.
No matter how tragic or how controversial, every member of that family stood up for one another. I would like to think my family is similar in this regard. We may have our differences, but if one of us falls, more than one is there to catch them.
If only there were more families in this country with the Kennedy's commitment to each other, this world would be a much better place.
I can only assume the latest fallen Kennedy is sailing the waters with the rest of his siblings who have gone before. May he rest in peace.
-K
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I completely agree, and no matter whether or not people agree with him politically it truly is the passing of a generation.
Very nicely said. What an extraordinary family - it is truly the end of an era.
--DC Prep
I also agree!
Post a Comment