Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back from the Chaos

It's been a busy week and I'm in a completely different place than I ever in my wildest dreams thought I would be. My MBA Orientation here at StateU on Thurs threw me for a loop. It turned out to be a full time MBA, just in the evening, and catering to its distance learners rather than the 30 of us "selected" for in class. Then you see, StateU, you really can't deceive students like that. If it's part time, it should be part of my time. The student panel from last year indicated that it took them 500 hours for one assignment. How is that possible to even attempt a full time job, never mind my husband, adorable puppy, and family back on the East Coast? I know a social life would be on the back burner, but this is ridiculous!

So after a night of tears and a lot of discussion with TheHusband, I decided to withdraw and instead enroll in an all online program. All online isn't quite my cup of tea, but as fate would have it, TheBoss called on Wed and basically said "Hi Preppy Girl. If you'd like to see any sort of promotion, you need to travel to the East Coast for 30 days." Well folks, there's my answer!

Now for the odd twist of fate, of all the online MBA programs in all the world, the one that works out best for me is....in my hometown! It's AASCB Accredited, completely flexible, will be mostly reimbursed by TheLargeCompany, and essentially perfect for me. Unfortunately, I wont start until October, but that will give me time to sort of this mess, and get all applied/registered at UofHometown.

It's odd that I live in CO, went to undergrad in Baltimore, and of all places, my MBA will be from 10 min from my childhood home, yet Ill probably never step foot on campus. At first I thought myself a failure, but TheHusband, BestFriend, and MC helped me through. Now I really can have my cake and eat it too! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I should have listened to my gut that StateU wasn't for me. Alas, no hard feelings, and I'm moving on!

In other news, TheHusband's parents have been here since Thursday so we've been busy playing hosts/chauffeurs/tour guide/chefs, etc. Its been a lot of fun, but with all that went on, Ill be looking forward to getting some MBA things settled. Plus work promises to be a bear....GRRR. (that's me growling like a bear, get it?)

Have a great week!
-K

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Ayiyi! Sounds like an insane mess, but that it is working out quite nicely after all. So glad!! Good luck getting everything situated before the semester starts!