Thursday, May 2, 2013

Military Appreciation Month

May is Military Appreciation Month.


So get out there, and give the solider in your life a bit, fat smooch, and say THANKS!

Captain TheHubs will be getting an extra one before he leaves for work.


Given our month's salute, I'd like to document the craziness that has been TheHubs schedule this week:

  • Mids (that's the midnight shift for us normal folks of 6 pm-6 am); 
  • Getting called into another Mid on Saturday which was 1) a rare day off; 2) a weekend ; 3) with 3 hours advance notice (I was a big girl and didn't complain); 
  • Recalled on Monday at 5am just to go back later for his Mid; 
  • Staff meeting on Tues in addition to his Mid that night (Flight Commander is only glamorous in title);
  • Mid on Wed
  • Training during the day on Thurs in addition to his Mid tonight
This boy has seriously not slept in a week.  People say doctors in residency have it bad, but try a month of TheHubs life, and those docs would be begging for their shifts back.


Also, all you military spouses out there:
1) You rock!
2) You ROCK!
3) YOU ROCK!

I'd give you all a big fat smooch if I could, but take this virtual high five instead.  You go, girls (and guys!)

-K

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Gosh, I don't know if I could take Joel working mids. I already hate his late "I don't know when I can come home" schedule, but mids are the pits. Happy Mil Appreciation month to your hubs AND you. You definitely deserve it.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Wow! I had no idea his work shifts were so crazy. Y'all are like two ships passing in the night/day many weeks, huh? I don't know him so a smooch would be out of order. But perhaps you can pass on a high five from me!

Smiles,
KK

Ashley said...

It's so funny how your military life is similar in some ways to our life with my husband being a pilot.

He got "junior manned" (called into work on a day off) at his last airline job way too often! That drove me nuts. He was also on reserve for a year and a half (until we moved) at his current airline. I can relate to that crazy schedule.

virtual high five to all the military folks (and their families) out there!! :)