Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blogging License Revoked

I'm always been late to the game when it comes to pop culture. 

I didn't join Facebook until 2009.
Didn't get an iPhone until Verizon came out with it in 2011.
We got an iPad in 2012.
Joined LinkedIn about a month ago.

You get my point.

But here's where you're going to revoke my blogging license:  I don't Pinterest. 

I seriously do not get it.

I have zero creativity/motivation when it comes to arts and crafts.  Time is money, and I'd rather buy invitations/decorations/etc than make them.

I'm pretty sure I have a Pinterest account b/c my mom of all people sent me an invite.  Think I looked at it the first day, couldn't find anything I was "looking for", was way overwhelmed, and promptly closed that brower.

I haven't been back.

Stumbled across this link this morning and a wave of relief washed over me.  It's not just me!  Other people think Pinterest isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.pinterestfail.com/

I don't enjoy that these people failed, b/c to the lady who made wonky bunny cupcakes, I say, try, try, try again!

However, I do like it, b/c it shows that honestly, half those Pinterest pictures are without a doubt insanely difficult, and yet another way that social media cuts us down.

So there you have it.  I don't like Pinterest.  Here's my blogging license back.  Oh, and in case you're not horrified enough, I think I've been on Etsy maybe three times.

You can pick your jaw off the floor now.
-K

5 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I don't do facebook or any of the other social media. I do not do blogging because for many reasons.
I do not do pinterest either. I do not have an iphone. I have a cell in case of emergency only. I don't even have a camera. I am so far behind on many different things.

Unknown said...

I do have a pinterest, but I can't say I take it very seriously. All the "exercise" body shots drive me bonkers!!

Kristen said...

I still don't have an iPad. I think that makes me a loser, but oh, well.

And I started a Pinterest account earlier this year, but only to add stuff I find that will be helpful for when I teach. I am the least crafty/creative person ever, but I literally have to figure something out or I'll be kicked out of the teacher's club.

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Wow! It's probably a good thing you didn't get sucked into the Pinterest craze. I actually talk about it a little on my blog this morning. It's a huge time waster but can also be a good source of inspiration!

xoxo Jamie
www.bnjsefcik.blogspot.com

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm not on Linkedin and can't understand why anyone is. So I get not liking things.

Pinterest for me is awesome though. I think of it as my blog filing cabinet. If I see a recipe on a blog, I copy the page link and the add it as a pin. I pin garden and home ideas, ideas for work (in a private board), gift ideas, quotes, canning, etc. It's literally everything online that you are able to organize as you see fit.

That said...it's a total time sucker! So I don't blame you for staying away.

KK