Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Notre Dame

This past weekend, one of my dearest friends John and I went to Notre Dame.  John, and about 80% of my Denver friends, are ND grads.  I'm not kidding.  The funny thing is that none of the them knew each other at ND - funny how life works out.


John and I just arrived on campus; In front of the Dome

Lights on; Game on!  This was the first night game in 21 years!  VS their rivals USC no less!

Sun setting on the Basilica of the Sacred Heart

Game Day!  In front of Main Building

Anyway, the weekend was fantastic!  I cannot say enough positive things about the university.  It's definitely on my list of schools I would love our future kiddos to attend.  In addition to Duke, Loyola, and PSU of course.  In fact, ND reminded me a LOT of Loyola, maybe just slightly bigger with of course, a football program.

It's no wonder the alumni love it and therefore funnels millions of dollars back to the school.  Its absolutely stunning with a very strong sense of community.  And to be honest, as a Catholic, I loved seeing that many practicing young Catholics in one location.  We went to mass in the Basilica on campus and it was packed to the gills for the 10am mass.  It was very refreshing!

Of course, spending the entire weekend with one of my favorite friends was also a blast!  We stayed in this cottage on a lake in Michigan that was full of quirks.  But isn't that what fun stories are made of?

I'm not in town long though.  TheHubs and I are heading to Washington DC on Thurs for his much anticipated Marine Corps Marathon!  I am soooooooooo proud of him! In fact, I'm attempting to be crafty and make my brother, SIL, and I "Team TheHubs" shirts.  We'll see how that works out...

Have a great week!
-K

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

my father is a grad of ND and I went to SMC (across the street) but took some classes at ND. I went to the games all four years there. I love the campus it is just so nice. Glad that you enjoyed yourself. Just not too happy with the outcome.

Suzanne said...

I found your blog by happenstance a few weeks ago and have been an avid reader since. As a preppy in Denver I can relate. Imagine my delight when I saw a post about my alma mater! And the even bigger surprise to see a face I recognize... I've met John at ND happy hour.

I'm glad you had a fun trip to the Dome and only wish you could have experienced a win.