Last week I stumbled upon the John Mayer song "War of My Life." Funny how things happen b/c I haven't been a JM fan since I was in college and he was sane. However, I have really liked all the songs I've heard from his latest CD - Battle Studies. I digress, "War of My Life" aptly describes what I'm currently going through: MGT 509 Business Policy and Strategy. Ie. the dreaded Capstone Class. Ie. the most challenging/difficult/heinous 8 weeks I've ever encountered in my life. I've thought of hiding in a hole, but I am bound and determined to FINALLY finish this MBA. I will do it!
Essentially, I'm out of commission for the next 8 weeks. Between now and April 22, I have to write a 6 page paper each week, a 20 page Case Study, and a 120 slide Case Study with my team. It's all analysis. It's all me. It's all...overwhelming.
Weeks Completed: Not yet 1
# of Times I've Cried b/c of School: 2
# of Times TheHubs or Bestie G have been crazy supportive: 528 (rough estimate)
# of Texts between Classmate and me in complete confusion/frustration: 42 (Glad I upped my text plan!)
# of Times I've Stretched my Wrists b/c they hurt: 23
Not to toot my own horn, but I went into this class with a 4.0 GPA. I might have learned a thing or 2, right? Nope. I feel like I've never stepped foot in a business class in my life. Seriously - this class is beyond ridiculous. My "evaluation" will have some choice things to say about the curriculum and my lovely professor who truly believes the sun rises out of him. But I have to get there first.
With that, wish me luck and hopefully I'll be able to pop in now and again!
"I'm in the war of my life,at the door of my life,
out of time and there's nowhere to run
I'm in the war of my life, at the core of my life
Got no choice but to fight til its done"
-K
PS - Meatless Monday was Fusilli pasta with spinach and walnut pesto from Everyday Food; Feb 2011 Issue. It was AWFUL! Absolutely disgusting! So much that I'm not linking the recipe. I took 2 bites and couldn't stomach anymore. We threw the whole thing away, which I have never ever done before, and made popcorn later in the night. Oh well, some had to be losers, right? :)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Don't you hate profs like that? Let me guess, he wrote the textbook, too?
Hugs to you, sweetie. Hang in there!!
Yikes it sounds like you have a lot going on! Good luck with the next few weeks!
Battle Studies is such a great CD!
Didn't mean to comment solely on John Mayer. You will do great!!
I love JM so much--it's kind of scary. I will agree that he took a weird jump off the deep end ;) hope you're hanging in there! I'm sure you'll rock this and keep your 4.0! xoxo {av}
JM totally rubs me the wrong way, but he does make some amazing music. Sounds like you are going to be one busy girl!! Good luck!!
Post a Comment