Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not Yet Through Week Two

But I'm surviving, so I'll mark that as a victory, albeit a small one. This is a good time for some thankful shout-outs:

1) My brother in law, Dave.  He's awesome and is totally helping me out with the finance piece on one of my papers.  He's the only other one in my family with their MBA, so I LOOVE bouncing ideas off of him.  He rocks! My sister is a super genius but marrying him was by far the smartest thing she's ever done.

2) Bestie G.  Comes through with flying colors for the 2nd week in a row.  She uses her connections at one of the most prestigious universities in the country to hook me up with some awesome research.  Pretty sure she also hasn't put her pom-poms and megaphone down since I started this journey.  Some days the support is the only thing that gets me through.

3) iPhone 4.  At first I thought, hmmm...not sure what the fuss was about.  I'm slowly starting to see that I can't live without.  I can still communicate with my team while I'm spending time with TheHubs or vice versa.  When time is the enemy, my iPhone is my new best friend.

4) Barkley.  Girlfriend, your hugs and kisses make me swoon.  Not sure how they packed so much adorableness into one dog, but I'm thankful that fates collided and you're a part of our family.

5) TheHubs.  He bears the brunt of my MBA mood swings; listens to insane case ideas; and pulls me down from the wall, after I've driven myself up there.  I lucked out in the husband department.  That's a fact.

The craziness will kick in to high gear for Weeks 3-6, so I'll keep you posted on how many breakdowns I have.  In the meantime, it's Thursday night and the one night I allow myself to relax.  Community, Selling New York, The Office, Parks and Rec, and 30 Rock...here I come!

-K

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't imagine how hard school must be!! Good luck...I'm sure that you will do amazing!!

Ashley Slater said...

As soon as I saw your comment about moving across the country I was intrigued! My husband and I move every three months because he is doing travel therapy! I will do more exploring around your site because I haven't seen exactly what your husband's job is! I would love to hear about it!--

-ashely
www.adventuresofnewlyweds.com