Friday, October 29, 2010

Barkley Update

Great news!  Barkley just received a clean bill of health and has been discharged from the hospital for good!  Her morning x-rays came back shockingly all clear, meaning she doesn't need surgery!  HORRAY!!  I have to say, I'm quite happy with the care she received.  Her ER doc even came out in his scrubs to give me a big high-5.  I love that these docs/nurses get how much I love my girlfriend.

I'm on cloud nine and ready to put this whole thing behind us and get this weekend started.  To summarize:
X-rays and hospital bill since Wed = LOTS OF $$$
Starbucks to compensate for lack of sleep since Wed = $3.04
Having Barkley home where she belongs = priceless.

Is it possible she's gotten cuter, or is that just me? ;)



In other news, I purchased a replacement laptop last night.  This has been quite the expensive week!  American Express loves me.  With Barkley all good, we can continue with our weekend plans which include:
1) Two Halloween parties (We're going with the "dog" theme:  I'm a giant, unsexy hot dog and TheHubs is Brian from Family Guy.)
2) Huge yearly fundraiser 5K run for the clinic I volunteer at
3) Catching up on Finance class that has been on the back burner all week :(

Hope you have a great weekend!  Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!
-K

3 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yeah for having your best girl back in all her cuteness!

Stephanie said...

Awww I am so glad Barkley is ok! She is so precious!!

d.a.r. said...

So glad your gal pal is okay!!