Monday, October 25, 2010

Emotionally Conflicted

TheHusband's Missouri Tigers took down the #1 Oklahoma Sooners on Sat night.  No one is questioning their talent now, as the NYT reports:  Missouri Moves Into National Title Picture.

However, not 5 minutes before the Mizzou fans did this:

kansascity.com

my beloved Philadelphia Phillies failed to advance to a game 7 o f the NLCS.  No World Series for them this year :(  Chin up, phour NL-East titles in a row, plus a phew trips to the World Series, not too shabby boys!  I hope you have a great winter break, and I'm looking forward to Spring Training in Feb.  Plus, with a face like this, it's hard to be down in the dumps for long:

philly.com

In other emotionally conflicted news, my laptop (known affectionately as Lappy 4000) is on its last legs and will be leaving us soon.  I've had it for 4.5 years which is awesome for a laptop.  I was really hoping to get through school with it, but the wine spilled gods (whoops!) had other ideas.   I guess the flip side to a new laptop is that I can Skype with AdorableNephew since this one will have a webcam.  Ironically, we just bought TheHubs a new laptop too - I guess when it rains, it pours!

Hope you had a less expensive weekend than I did!
-K

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I am so sorry about the computer. SOunds like your old laptop had a good run though.