Thursday, October 28, 2010

Positive Thoughts Please!

Hi All -

If you could all send positive thoughts and prayers my way, I'd really appreciate it.  Life has just been not a bowl of cherries this week.  Too much to get into but just yesterday I was about to post that I'm burnt out on life.  If only I could have yesterday's feelings back.

My primary concern at this point is Barkley.  Yesterday afternoon, she chewed up one of TheHubs disposable razor cartridges into approx 6-8 pieces and swallowed them.  After lots of trips all over town, she ended up in the animal ER.  They decided to watch her overnight and do surgery this afternoon if she doesn't pass them in the 24 hour period.  Last night I was OK until we went to bed, when it all hit me.  I'm useless.  She's my best friend in this town (sad, right?) and I'd be beside myself if anything happened to her.  Plus, I keep thinking how I could have prevented it from happening.  Anyway, I'm crossing all my body parts that she doesn't need surgery, b/c that's a whole other issue. 



Hope your week is better than ours!
-K

4 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh gosh, I have so been there. Alone, scared, worried about my babies. My dogs are my best friends in this little creepo town, too.

Praying that she is a-okay!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Praying and sending positive thoughts to you right now!! I gasped at that story- I totally understand your relationship. Please please update us when you know more.

Jackie said...

So sorry, Katie. I hope that she is fine!! Kona is my BFF too, so I can relate :(

Anonymous said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!