Friday, October 22, 2010

Sisterly Fun

Last weekend, my sister and brother in law flew in for a long weekend visit.  It was BIL's first time in Colorado so we had a lot of showing off this great state to do!

I love being a tourist when we have visitors.  Even though I've been to Red Rocks a bunch of times, this time I was really blown away by its beauty.  I can't believe its in my backyard!

We had a blast hiking, beer tasting, and sightseeing with them.  I really wish they lived closer.  I say this all the time, but its great having one on one time with my family.  It's a lot different than our huge group get togethers, filled with more quality time.  Oh yeah!  My sister also finished up the curtains she made for our dining room/great room!  Yep, she hand made them!  I'll post those pics in a separate post.  We had a blast and I was down in the dumps when they left.  The good news is that I'll be home in a month for Thanksgiving!



PS - How cute is my girlfriend Barkley ?  She loooooooves to hike and always runs to the front. 


In other news, I finished one class (and am still rockin' the 4.0 as Bestie G says) and immediately onto the next.  No rest for the wicked.  Can't wait for this semester to be over. I could use a day off between classes :)

Gameday (including Kirk...sigh) will be at Missouri for Homecoming!  TheHubs is sooo excited.  Since the Phillies pulled off a win, it's a sports and homework filled weekend for me!  Go Tigers, Nittany Lions, and Phillies!

Have a great weekend! 
-K

No comments: