Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vacation w/ a Suprise Ending

Vegas was wonderful!  My aunt and uncle's house is a vacation in itself, so TheHubs and I enjoyed a good mix of relaxing by the pool and exploring the city.  We went to the strip a few times, once to see a show, Cheap Trick doing Beatles songs.  It was fantastic!  And I am neither a Cheap Trick fan or a huge Beatles fan. We took a trip to Red Rock Canyon Park (below TheHubs is pictured w/ my uncle.) It was beautiful, although, I have to say, we have a similar sight not too far from our own backyard here in CO.  Still, definitely worth the visit! 


We also stopped by Nellis AFB, home of the Thunderbirds.  As luck would have it, guess where the Thunderbirds were?  At TheHubs base back home!  Go Figure!   Nellis is huge and gives me hope for future bases to offer more amenities other than those offered here.

We left Vegas bright and early at 7am on Thurs just in time for me to unpack, do my homework, and repack, for...a covert trip back to Philly!  A few weeks ago, SIL called and sweetly said "I miss you!  Please come to our awesome summer party!"  So she and I sneakily figured out a plan and bought my plane tickets.  I ended up telling Bestie G so she could attend said awesome summer party with me, but other than that, no one knew!  It was sooo fun to see the look on every one's faces!!  The party was fabulous and seeing all of my friends and family I miss so much, was even better.  The best part was seeing my most favorite nephew in the whole wide world.  He is at the adorable chunky phase.....sooooooo cute!


Monday at 7am I hopped back on a plane; by 11am, I was finally back home.  To recap:  In a 2 week span, I was on a plane 6 times for 3 trips and in 4 different states.  I'm exhausted!  I'm looking forward to being home for a while before heading back East for our vacation at the shore.  Woo hoo!

-K

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww yay! I'm so glad you and the hubs had fun. I love Vegas!