Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile

1) Younger brother is in town!  As grownups, he and I get to see each other on the company's dime.  Not too shabby.  I thought we'd only see him this weekend before he heads back to D.C.  However, last night we got a text "too late to grab dinner?"  No way jose!  We turned off the stove, put the remnants of the dinner we were going to have in the fridge, and hastily put Barkley in her home (whoops!  no lights on all night!).   In exchange, we had some delicious mexican food while doubled over laughing as he told us all about he and SIL's recent trip to Egypt/Greece.  He is the best person to travel with; something interesting is bound to happen!  I'm looking forward to our weekend with him,  including hiking and pub crawl, which will no doubt lead to more interesting stories!

Here's a pic of us from waaaay back in fall of 2006 tailgating before a PSU football game.  I notice 2 things:  1) I weighed a bazillion lbs more than I do now, or so my face in this picture would indicate, and 2) Wow - can my hair be more blond?  Of course, younger brother looks pretty much the exact same.  Darn men and their lack of aging!!


2) I finished my accounting class.  This is a big deal b/c this is the 5th accounting class I've taken.  Between undergrad and transferring between grad programs, accounting seemed to be the one class that would never transfer.  Minus the off chance I lose my sanity and go back for a DBA, I am officially done with accounting forever.  I'll leave it to the professional CPAs who don't fall asleep at the mere mention of balance sheet and cash flows.

-K

No comments: