Monday, December 7, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I finally got into the Christmas spirit, thanks to 6 inches of snow that fell on Sat night, with an additional 1 ft coming tonight.  We were a bit worried that TheHusband's lunatic boss was going to tell him to come in days ahead of time.  His boss is quite the micro-manager and freaking out over snow (yes we live in Colorado) is his specialty.

Alas he didn't and we enjoyed a nice day of errands, putting up the Christmas tree, and making homemade chicken noodle soup.  It was a combination of my mom and his mom's recipe and it was soooooooo good if I say so myself.  It made a boatload; enough for lunch leftovers, dinner again on Thurs, and about 4 servings frozen for another time. 

We still have to put up the outside wreaths.  I need to make bows for them which should be comical b/c Im the opposite of crafty.  Any good tips?  We did put up a mini lit tree on our front porch, candles in the windows, and a big red bow.  After the wreaths, I say we're done decorating.

This is my last week of school until Jan.  Woo hoo; only 9 classes + a 1 credit course.  Baby steps to my MBA!

-K

2 comments:

KAC said...

Congrats on being done with school and yay on the snowy weekend!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Congrats on school!! :)

It is so snowy here too, I think we are suppose to get about a foot over the next day or so!