Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Barkley glows with Christmas spirit

Literally. 

I was already way cranky today due to a lovely 6am meeting, but then I had the scare of a lifetime.  Barkley ate a mini lightbulb and it's all my fault.

She's been barking a lot lately and its sooo loud with our vaulted ceilings.  After lunch, she usually hangs out with me in my office but when the phone rings and I talk to people, she starts barking.  I had a meeting with my boss and needed quiet so I let her out thinking she'd be appeased.

Apparently she took one of our Christmas candles out of the window and went to town with it.  When I found her, she had the white base in her mouth and the gold bottom was in pieces all over the rug.  However, the lighbulb is nowhere to be found save a small piece of glass.  I'm 95% sure she ate it!

I immediately called the vet and the nurse thought she might need x-rays. However, the doctor told me to keep a close eye on her b/c they won’t be able to do anything with the x-ray and should anything happen to bring her in immediately.  So now my daily schedule has changed.  No volunteering today;I'm on Barkley watch.

I feel extremely guilty b/c I never should have let her out of my office; all b/c I wanted queit.  Please say some prayers my puppy is OK!

-K

No comments: