Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Review

Well that was the quickest vacation I've ever had!  From the minute the plane landed in Philly on the 22nd to the minute wheels went up on from Hometown on the 28th, it was nonstop.  Nonstop fun that is!  I was able to see sooooooooooo many relatives, including cousins from California, new babies, and even pizza with Ian in Philly. 


I got tons of great gifts, but let's be honest:  if it's 100% cotton, it's not a gift, right Mom? :)  It was a very preppy Christmas for me.  SIL and previously mentioned Lilly afficienado got me a Lilly sweater, Lilly bracelet, and a Lilly dog leash for Barkley!  My parents got me the Barefoot cookbook I wanted along with an apron and a really cool bracelet.  My sister and BIL got me a cool digital frame and movie; and my younger brother and his wife came up with a great gift:  they bought me flag patches of every country he and I backpacked through a few years back and sewed them on to a cool travel bag.  So thoughtful of everyone!


When I got back to Colorado on the 28th, TheHusband and I celebrated our Christmas together.  He totally spoiled me:  a boombox Sirius radio from my office; Wii Fit Plus, and diamond earrings...whoa baby!  I am one lucky girl!  Being apart on Christmas was hard, but our life together is nothing but traditional, so why should our holidays be?  It is the Christmas season afterall, one that does NOT end on Dec 26th.  I am am so lucky I got to spend it with so many family and friends, which really was the best gift of all.  Tickets to Hometown:  $540; Spending the holiday at home:  priceless.

Have a great NYE and BE SAFE!
-K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Here's to a great 2010!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, You made out like a bandit. You can't beat getting diamond earrings from the hubby. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!