Friday, December 18, 2009

Not Such a Good Day

Yesterday my work world got "flip turned upside down" and I'm not a fan.  My program and I are being transfered to a different area under TheLargeCompany and as a result I'm getting a new boss.  This always has been one of my complaints about TheLargeCompany - they make huge changes without any regard for its employees.  There was absolutely no business need to do this right before the holidays.  None.  They also dropped the bomb and left - no answers, no instructions, leaving everyone with a boatload of questions; many wondering if they have a job.  (Luckily I'll be Ok).  Merry Christmas to you too, TheLargeCompany!

I'm very upset as I love my current boss.  Love as in LOVE LOVE LOVE.  She's one of those rare gems (sadly its rare) at TheLargeCompany who truely cares about her employees; wants to see them succeed; and really stands up for them.  She knows my backstory, knows about TheHusband's crazy worklife and understands what I go through.  As such, I was in line for a promotion which is now fading.  New boss could care less about a new employee so all that hard work is down the drain.  I feel like someone let all the air out of me.  I have no desire to do anything above answering the mail.  I'm so glad its the weekend as hopefully I can regroup.  As with any Large Company, these kinds of changes are bound to happen, but this is the first time I've truely noticed a lack of caring.  I've thought about leaving and this might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.  We'll have to see.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
-K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

That's too bad about work. Trust me, I understand. That's wrong that they made such big changes right before Christmas.

I hope it all works out for the best!

Try to enjoy the Holidays and put it in the back of your mind. I know it's easier said than done.

God Bless!

-Angela

The Undomestic Mom said...

Aww Im sorry! I love your blog-hope you dont mind if I follow!

Christine said...

I hope things don't turn out to be too bad...and that something good will come out of the huge change...But I'd probably be feel the same way you do right now.