Monday, November 30, 2009

Procrastination makes it happen

What better way to avoid meaningless work than blogging about the Thanksgiving holiday?

As usual, it was a smashing success (that is, once TheHusband finally arrived after tons of airline delays.)  I had all intentions of taking TheHusband out on the town, but let's face it, I'm a homebody, and therefore, I spent every second with my family.  Tues night MC and I went out for my favorite salad and Reisling at TGIFriday (see old post for why I like it) and for the first time, I noticed I look just like her.  We had a blast and it made me miss my mom more than usual. 

TheHusband, brother, SIL, and I did a 5k turkey trot on Thanksgiving.  The boys ran so it left pregger SIL and I had some quality time.  BlackFriday came and AwesomeSister picked me up a $3 copy of S&TC movie.  3 bucks!  Then MC, SIL, and I went out later in the day after the crazies left and I finished all my PA Christmas shopping so we wont have to ship it.  SCORE. 

I also got to see a lot of my brother who lives in DC, which was a unexpectant surprise.  That boy cracks me up!  Thanks to newest SIL, I also am now well versed in the proper use of assuage and androitly.  (Learn something new everyday.)

We flew back to CO on Sat b/c TheHusband had to go on alert Sunday/Mon.  At first I was bummed, but it helped not flying on Sunday and it gave me the day to unpack, do laundry, homework, and get caught up on some work emails.  Plus, Sat night TheHubsand I had quite the adventure at the  Denver Airport upon return.  It made me be grateful for not traveling with kids!

Hope your return to the real world is a good one!  The best part of leaving for Thanksgiving is that Christmas is right around the corner.  Tomorrow is already Dec 1!

-K

No comments: