Thursday, July 23, 2009

East Coast Trip - Part II

The week is flying by. Nothing exciting happened in the first part, save my Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad from TGIFriday's. Even though we live in a decent sized city, we don't have a TGIF's so whenever I travel for work, its the first place I stop. I know its a chain, but guys, this salad is AWESOME: Chicken, dried cranberries, blue cheese, topped with a great balsamic dressing. Besides the salad, work and hotel living....blah.

However, last night I drove up to Syracuse to visit my best guy friend Casey. It's kind of ironic that Casey lives in the same small suburb my aunt and uncle do, so I'm fairly familiar with the area. I finally got to see his house, which he totally transformed from an outdated boring house to a FANTASTIC abode. I'm talking major updates and he's still going. I wish I took pics, b/c it's 100% HGTV worthy. (Note to self: Pack Casey in suitcase for decorating help on your house. Oh yeah, and having awesome BF around wouldn't be too shabby either.) He took me to a great Mexican place where we sat at the bar and got glances from the 'tender. I don't think he was a fan of us for unknown reason. Afterwards, I jetted back 1.5 hours to WorkTown in my schweet PT Cruiser rental. That car cracks me up.

Tomorrow I'm headed back to HomeTown for a weekend of fun. My BFF Gwenn is coming up from Philly just to see me! YAY! I love the East Coast - I can see everyone in a 2 week span!

-K

2 comments:

Erin said...

If you are in Philly - let's HANG OUT!!!

-E

Anonymous said...

So glad you're having a great time! Love the East Coast :)