Sing it Willie Nelson!
I've left the snow land formerly known as Colorado for a warm stint on the East Coast. I was thiiiiiis close to packing tank tops and let me tell you its balmy compared to the 3 ft of snow we've alreay accumulated. Calendar check: Nov 17. I rest my case.
I spent last night with my parents which was just shy of fabulous. I love being home. It's like being a kid again, only the good parts of being a kid. For example, MC said no, no, I'll do the dishes, and poppa bought brocoli for dinner b/c I mentioned TheHusband doesn't like it, so I rarely eat it. MC and I then went to my sister and BIL's for a spot of tea and catching up. I'm telling you...good stuff!
Now I'm in upstate NY for work. It's really southern NY, but I think its still "up-state." Not quite sure to tell you the truth. I think any place in NY not in commuting distance of NYC is upstate. Can anyone confirm?
Anyway, I'm training newbie, which is a challenge in and of itself. The human interaction and people's friendly hellos outweigh the challenge, so Ill give today an overall thumbs up.
I'm sad to leave TheHusband and Barkley behind. This is the 1st time Ive been gone for this long since getting Barkley. I should have put a picture of me in her crate so she'll remember me...maybe next time ;) I'm sure it will fly and I'll be back to Snow Land soon enough!
More to come on my travels!
-K
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Haha - it depends who you ask. I live truly Upstate - in the Albany area. And it annoys those of us living here far up in the state when Westchester Cty is referred to as Upstate. Personally I would call that area more a 'burb of NYC. But that's just me. Again, depends on who you ask.
Sounds like you're having a grand time with your family on the East coast.
upstate is usually anywhere north of the pennsylvania border if you drew a line east from the straight part...does that make sense??
you might be near my hometown!
I can confirm your answer to "What is upstate?"I grew up on Long Island, so anything north of the Bronx is upstate to me!
When will you be in town? We should get together!!! :)
-E
Post a Comment