Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend Update


Andy Murray didn't make it to the finals, and Andy Roddick wanted to cry like a baby. Forget all that. The point is: Federer won; making him, the greatest tennis player of all time. I think it's clear where I would stand on this point. I have to agree with my 2nd best of all time, Rod Laver, who many claim would be if he hadn't turned pro and able to compete in more tournaments. Number don't lie: 15 grand slams. I'm awe struck (and if you ask thehusband, dancing around the kitchen when I saw him win it. Yes, I get that into it.) Oh yes, one more thing, a huge hand to Sampras for giving up his title with dignity and grace. Pete, you're a class act.

In other non-tennis weekend updates, we had a few of our friends over for a BBQ for the 4th. It was a rainy day and ended up seeing the tail end of our city's fireworks. Still a ton of fun. Yesterday, TheHusband and I set out on an uber long bike ride. We only made it about 13 miles before the skies darkened. We hightailed it back, albeit a bit wet.

Finally, Here's a picture of TheHusband in his flight/jump suit which he wears about 90% of the time to work. It's mostly for my family since they have never seen him in it. I thought it was festive with our flag behind him.


Have a great week!

-K

No comments: